Wish to Pursue a Career in Accounting? Know the Different Types of Accounting and Finance Courses
Bachelor and Master of Commerce have traditionally been the favorite of everyone who looks forward to a career in finance and accounting. Lately, though, the inception of another course, and that’s MBA Finance added to the wagon of conventional finance and accounting degree courses. Nevertheless, the dynamic nature of every business contributed the wave of professional accounting and finance courses, further strengthening it, and making it imperative for almost all the accounting professionals to pursue these courses, and keep up with the business and occupational trends. The focus of this blog is to acquaint you with some of the professional accounting and finance courses. These courses are aimed at helping you learn exactly what the industry wants out of you, and train you to be able to DO things, rather just talk about concepts.
Professional Accounting and Finance Courses | Types of Finance and Accounting Courses
Before you proceed to look at the different courses available within your reach, it is important for you to understand the fact that accounting and finance courses are extremely broad terms. While accounting could be associated with the technical aspects of the profession, finance, in particular, is a broad term and entails almost everything that comes under the umbrella of business figures. It involves diverse financial reports, documents, emerging concepts, conventional perceptions, and many others.
Besides, it also encompasses critical areas such as financial analysis, reporting, etc. So much so, it is comprised of studying different types of markets, in order to ensure that the finance professional understands the real-world markets, and aligns the decisions and actions in accordance with the market behavior and trends. To put it in simpler words, accounting and finance involve everything that is required to keep the business healthy and wealthy on the financial front. Let us now look at the details of some of the accounting and finance courses.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accountancy
- Course Duration: 1 Year
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of aggregate 50%.
- Course Syllabus: Economics, principles of marketing, advanced cost accountancy, strategic management, economies of global trade and finance, advanced auditing paper, financial accounting, direct and indirect taxation, Indian financial system and financial market operations, advanced financial management, research methodology, etc.
- Capital Market Course
- Course Duration: 3 months
- Eligibility: 10+2 or 10th.
- Course Syllabus (Outline): Industrial and commercial law, advance taxation, advanced MS-Excel, Tally-Version 9.4, and accounts and audit.
- ACCA Course
- Course Duration: 60 hours for each subject
- Eligibility: 10+2
- Course Syllabus (Outline): Management accounting, financial accounting, taxation, financial reporting, audit and assurance, accountant in business, performance management, corporate and business law, and financial management.
There are many more accounting and finance courses, however, enlisting all of them isn’t possible within a single blog. We’d be coming up with the detailed course curriculum of the ACCA course in the next blog. Stay tuned!