In India, conventionally, a degree program is more celebrated than a diploma, as it offers more career opportunities than the latter. However, with the advent of professional courses like fashion designing, etc. diploma courses too have established their significance in terms of quick job opportunities. As each of the categories have their own significance, it would be incorrect to be judgmental and jump to a conclusion while making a choice. Here, what matters more is your need of the hour, and your willingness to invest time and money in education, and therefore, all you need is a prudent choice. This blog would contribute to the decision-making process, thus helping students settle onto an appropriate fashion designing course after 12th.
6 Factors to Consider While Choosing a Fashion Design Degree
- Fiscal Health: Whether you want to go for a fashion design degree or some fashion technology course, do some financial feasibility checks while finalizing courses, and plan accordingly to make an informed decision.
- Course Content: Although degree and diploma programs are offered by a lot of fashion designing institutes across India, it is imperative that you choose the most industry-oriented and latest course. Seek guidance from some industry experts or ex-students who’ve been faring well in the fashion industry in this regard.
- Job Prospects: With time, some courses could turn obsolete, thus leaving you unemployed. Choose fashion courses after 12th that are in demand in the job world. Conduct some online research or also consult with institutes that offer them for course-based job prospects.
- Technology and Techniques used: While some courses offer an updated curriculum, the college fails to train students on the latest technology and techniques used. Hence, review the entire course and conduct some research on the latest tools, technology and techniques used in the industry, and examine if the course includes those factors.
- Fashion Degree Institute: Choosing the best fashion designing involves a lot of factors including the reputation, courses offered, faculty members, alumni, job placements, etc. So, while finalizing a fashion design course with a particular institute, be vigilant about all the said factors.
- Industrial Exposure: Gaining adequate industrial exposure is an important aspect as it acquaints you with the industry much before you venture into it. It gives you an idea about some basic, yet vital aspects associated with the industry, thus adding to your knowledge and technical expertise.
Remember, it is at least one priceless year that you’d be investing in the fashion designing course, which thus refers to making an informed and well-thought decision. We wish, this blog serves its purpose.